BAR-U-EAT is more than a nutrition company, we are a brand built on a passion for the outdoors and enjoying life to the fullest. We share our passion with the world by encouraging and creating opportunities for people to get outside. We advocate for the preservation of the outdoors by living more sustainably. We are stewards of this planet and take care of our environment through sustainable business initiatives and conservation all while creating the best dang snacks on earth.
Team Role Summary
As a Marketing Intern you will assist in developing BAR-U-EAT’s marketing strategy and participate in daily marketing efforts. You will use data to define our key performance indicators and refine our digital marketing strategy. You will use your creativity to maintain our brand voice and aesthetic. You must be passionate and intrinsically motivated to excel and challenge industry norms. While responsibilities will be centered around digital and field marketing, an open mind and enthusiastic attitude for work outside of your role is essential in the startup phase. You will have the opportunity to grow with BAR-U-EAT, create roles, and build on your skill sets.
- Create marketing strategies based on KPI’s
- Participate in posting on social media accounts, email, and SMS marketing
- Create high-quality digital content to maintain brand voice/aesthetic
- Social listening
- Contribute to blog content and posting
- Assist at and with events, activations and vendor booths.
- Conduct market/consumer research to identify trends and opportunities.
- Help in creating, organizing and managing digital content and media assets.
- Participate in coordinating and promoting brand partnerships, Ambassadors and Sponsorships.
- Creating and reviewing website content and copy.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Pursuing and/or completing education in marketing, communications, business administration, or a related field.
- Must have strong organization, project management, and data analysis skills
- Creative and possesses a great eye for high-quality digital content
- Familiarity with Google Suite/Ads, Meta social platforms, and Adobe Suite preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills
- Highly motivated with a positive, can-do attitude
- Receives feedback with willingness to learn/grow
- Embraces change with a growing and evolving company
- Strong preference for retail and/or consumer packaged goods marketing experience
Little travel will be required (5% - 10%)
Benefits (Full Time)
- Health Insurance
- Health and wellness memberships/passes
- Active and Involved Reimbursements
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedule
- No State Income tax for Routt County residents
BAR-U-EAT believes in being true to yourself and doing what makes you happy. We live in a beautiful place with countless resources to get outside and enjoy nature. We will always inspire you to put yourself first so you can thrive mentally, emotionally, and physically. We treat adults like adults and place the responsibility on you to get your job done professionally, respectfully, and in a timely manner. We will always encourage you to work hard, play hard, and challenge yourself to reach your full potential because your success is our success. Together we will shift the CPG industry towards a more sustainable future to help protect the outdoors.
This is a 3 month unpaid Internship program working 18 - 24 hours a week with the opportunity for employment following the program. Must have physical presence in the Steamboat Springs, CO area. Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.