Distribution and Manufacturing Associate
Distribution and Manufacturing Associate, BAR-U-EAT - Job Description
BAR-U-EAT is more than a nutrition company, we are a brand built on a passion for the outdoors and enjoying life to the fullest. We share our passion with the world by encouraging and creating opportunities for people to get outside. We advocate for the preservation of the outdoors by living more sustainably. We are stewards of this planet and take care of our environment through sustainable business initiatives and conservation all while creating the best dang snacks on earth.
Team Role Summary
As a Distribution and Manufacturing Associate you will be responsible for all aspects of the bar manufacturing process as well as fulfilling orders. An attention to detail will be critical in putting out a consistent product of the highest quality and standards. While working on the production line it’ll be necessary to move around, observe and adapt as bars are being made and equipment is running. In addition to working within bar production you will also handle order fulfillment, picking and packing items for all orders to be shipped, distributed or delivered. While responsibilities will be centered around distribution and manufacturing, an open mind and enthusiastic attitude for work outside of your role is essential in the startup phase. You will have the opportunity to grow with BAR-U-EAT, create roles, and build on your skill sets.
- Responsible for working in the food production line and measuring and loading ingredients into industrial manufacturing equipment, following company recipes and standards and packaging finished products.
- Monitor the machinery during the mixing, forming and cutting process to make sure our product quality standards are being met.
- Program kitchen equipment to operate according to company and recipe standards.
- React to any type of alarms or malfunctions of the equipment and operate the shut off switch when necessary.
- Remove the finished product from the production line and push batches to the next step of the process for packaging.
- Clean all materials and machinery parts following company cleanliness standards.
- Verify that each finished item meets the quality standards of the company by observing the size, shape and luster of each item
- Confirm orders, pick correct items to box, label and/or palletize for shipment.
- Perform routine inventory tasks, including updating product locations and taking inventories.
- Monitor and fulfill orders requests from sales using company software in a timely manner.
- Stock and organize warehouse shelves, while maintaining an efficient operating system.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Previous production, food manufacturing, quality control, sanitation, packaging, assembly or general labor experience preferred but not required.
- Attention to detail and excellent communication and team working skills.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lb.,
- Able to stand and walk for a full hour shift.
- Must be able to work independently, good basic math skills, and ability to bend, stoop and twist throughout the shift.
- Positive can-do attitude and a growth mindset
Benefits (Full Time)
- Health Insurance
- Health and wellness memberships/passes
- Active and Involved Reimbursements
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- No State Income tax for Routt County residents
BAR-U-EAT believes in being true to yourself and doing what makes you happy. We live in a beautiful place with countless resources to get outside and enjoy nature. We will always inspire you to put yourself first so you can thrive mentally, emotionally, and physically. We treat adults like adults and place the responsibility on you to get your job done professionally, respectfully, and in a timely manner. We will always encourage you to work hard, play hard, and challenge yourself to reach your full potential because your success is our success. Together we will shift the CPG industry towards a more sustainable future to help protect the outdoors.
Job starts off as part time, up to 20 hours per week on site in Hayden, CO. Starting pay range of $20/hour dependent upon experience and qualifications. Email resume to email@example.com to apply.