BAR-U-EAT Recipes - The Halloween Edition
Bobby Kuepper Posted on:
It’s no secret that Americans like their sweets. In fact, it’s been estimated that 600 million pounds of candy is purchased for Halloween every year - that’s a lot of sugar, and leftover candy wrappers that end up in the landfill (or your lawn).
It’s also not a secret that much of the candy in trick or treat bags is not very healthy. When’s the last time your dentist told you that you may have a cavity because you’ve been eating too many oats, nuts, dates, and seeds?
We at BAR-U-EAT want everyone to enjoy their Halloween, but more importantly, we want you to have your cake (no pun intended) and eat it too!
We’ve got a few healthy (ish), Halloween recipes that are sure to win over even the most discerning of sweet tooth enthusiasts. Here goes:
The Chocolate Peanut Butter BAR-U-EAT Goblin Treat
- Original BAR-U-EAT Bar or Bites
- Nut butter - almond, peanut or cashew butter all work well
- Chocolate. We highly recommend Chocolove brand Dark Chocolate bars - they’re a Colorado company, and even have a sugar free option!
- Melted chocolate dipped BAR-U-EAT bars and bites also taste great.
Super Scary S’MORE-U-EAT Snacks
- Replace graham crackers with BAR-U-EAT bars or bites
- Roast marshmallows, and put them in between 2 bars along with a piece of chocolate
If your BAR-U-EAT stash is running low, click on the link to find your nearest local retailer, and pay them a visit. We also encourage you to join our subscription program, as you will be reminded to order bars as frequently as you’d like, and receive a discount for doing so!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN FROM THE BAR-U-EAT CREW!