Sales Representative, BAR-U-EAT - Job Description
BAR-U-EAT is more than a nutrition company, we are a brand built on a passion for the outdoors and enjoying life to the fullest. We share our passion with the world by encouraging and creating opportunities for people to get outside. We advocate for the preservation of the outdoors by living more sustainably. We are stewards of this planet and take care of our environment through sustainable business initiatives and conservation all while creating the best dang snacks on earth.
Team Role Summary
As a Sales Representative you will be responsible for independently leading sales plans and successfully launching BAR-U-EAT’s products in both current and new market regions. You will engage, manage, and grow accounts, including, but not limited to grocery chains, independent retailers, regional distributors, and outdoor specialty stores. Cross functional skills are necessary as you’ll work closely with marketing, operations, and finance. While responsibilities will be centered around sales, an open mind and enthusiastic attitude for work outside of your role is essential in the startup phase. You will have the opportunity to grow with BAR-U-EAT, create roles, and build on your skill sets.
- Improving BAR-U-EAT’s brand distribution and market share.
- Create strong relationships with current accounts, being personable and professional.
- Manage current accounts and secure new accounts across multiple channels.
- Research sales opportunities to expand and create growth across new regions and retail avenues.
- Execute account acquisition plans in order to successfully launch new accounts.
- Prepare and present sales pitches to key customers.
- Assist in distribution and promotional programs.
- Work hand in hand with operations and marketing to strategically and successfully launch new market regions.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- CPG background is preferred
- 1-3 years of sales experience
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Comfortable with public speaking and leading presentations
- Results-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Must possess computer skills and a great familiarity with business software such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Google Suite, Pipedrive and Shopify.
- Possess excellent organizational skills—can multitask, prioritize, and work efficiently
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense, sound judgment and work independently
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly work weekends or evenings on occasion
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment
- Be flexible and embrace change with a growing and evolving company
- Ability to coordinate several parallel projects, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Positive can-do attitude and a growth mindset
Little travel will be required (5% - 10%)
Benefits (Full Time)
- Health Insurance
- Health and wellness memberships/passes
- Active and Involved Reimbursements
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedule
- No State Income tax for Routt County residents
BAR-U-EAT believes in being true to yourself and doing what makes you happy. We live in a beautiful place with countless resources to get outside and enjoy nature. We will always inspire you to put yourself first so you can thrive mentally, emotionally, and physically. We treat adults like adults and place the responsibility on you to get your job done professionally, respectfully, and in a timely manner. We will always encourage you to work hard, play hard, and challenge yourself to reach your full potential because your success is our success. Together we will shift the CPG industry towards a more sustainable future to help protect the outdoors.
Preference given to those with physical presence in the Steamboat Springs, CO area. Starting pay range $22/hour dependent upon experience and qualifications. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.